Collage Cooking episode 1
I'm single, frugal, short on time, and fundamentally lazy. For dinner every night I do what I call Collage Cooking. It's not hard. You just take things and put them together and then eat it. I was thinking I could to do a podcast but then I'd have to learn how to do video (see point number 4 above), so I'm going to take very few photos and put them at the bottom and tell you what I did. Let's go!
Southwest Cheesy Beans and Vegetables
Collage Cooking: 6:11pm. Eating: 6:25pm*
- 1/2 cup black beans from a can, rinsed and drained
- 1 slice medium cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Green Giant Cauliflower Medley (the one with the scallions. Why should I have to buy a bunch of scallions and chop them up? I only need like a tablespoon. I'd have most of the bunch leftover and then they'd rot in the fridge and I'd be pissed)
- 1/4 cup Salsa (again, why should I have to chop up tomatoes and onions and garlic when someone already did?)
- sprinkle: Salt, Ground Cumin, Garlic Powder
Put it all in a bowl and nuke it for 75 seconds. Serve with nice glass of water and cornbread leftover from last week.
* the fourteen minutes includes me setting up the glamour shots of the food and getting/returning the ingredients from/to the fridge